Friday, April 7, 2006

Another Beginning

Another chapter of my life has ended and another has just begun. Quitting Warcraft was maybe the hardest decision I have made so far. I know, you think I am crazy. You will not understand if you do not take Warcraft as a religion like I did. I have been playing W3 ever since it was released in 2003. Then I moved on the Frozen Throne (TFT). We played all kinds of custom games e.g. TD, AOS, RPG, and almost everything downloadable under the sun.

For the past year, we (Kok and I) have been training hard in AT (Arranged Teams 2v2). We played almost everyday and at almost every opportunity we had. Also, throughout my W3 carreer, I have watched over 150 replays from various professional players and was inspired by great players such as Madfrog, Grubby and Satiini, all of whom have great strategy and skills.

Why all this nostalgia? Do I miss the game? Definitely. What comes as a surprise is that I did not feel or show any signs of withdrawal. I am perfectly comfortable with getting on with my life without W3. I have moved on. W3 was like a 2nd gf to me (Haha.. kidding). Why did I quit? I don't know. One day, I just felt like I wanted to quit computer games and get my act together. I quit ALL computer games; uninstalled all the games on my computer and now, I have so much space on my computer to download movies.

Well, no reason to fuss about quitting W3. It was a big decision. No regrets. Life goes on. Just felt like getting my shit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment