Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Bucknell I Know

For some reason, this year feels so different from the rest of the years I have had at Bucknell. So far, I haven't played a single game of Warcraft on BattleNet. So far, I am still very focused on getting things done. So far, I am still in the mood to do work. So far, I feel so energized. I remember just last year, I wasn't really all that into Bucknell. Maybe because I was leaving a large part of me behind in Malaysia. Somehow, this year feels different. Even though I did leave a large part of me behind, it feels as if I am not going to be away for long.

I am really looking forward to getting things in motion, going out there to do my best. Last semester, I thought I was going to score a 4.0 GPA or something, but within a few weeks, I realized how foolish I was to think that I could. Number Theory killed me. Even without that, I had Modern Development of Philosophy and that, even though wasn't too hard, it was almost impossible (for me) to get an A. I ended up with an A- and a humbling experience.

But once bitten, not yet shy is what I say. I am aiming for a 4.o all over again. This is in view of the fact that I am taking 5 subjects and "easier" ones at that. Computer Science (Java 5) should not cause too many problems, while the 2 Math courses really depend on my effort. Econ 258 sounds difficult, being a W2, and also especially since I have 2 W2 courses this semester. Finally, I have this Intro to Cultural Anthropology which sounds fun. I mean I just came back from our first class and the teacher seems really great!

Good start to a hopefully good semester, even though things just don't feel the same at Bucknell anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment