Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Walk Worthwhile...

I have been thinking about this for a while now and I never really got around to answer it myself. Why do people keep blogs? Specifically, why do bother maintaining my personal blog? I mean, it is one thing to share my thoughts and feelings with the world, but is that it? There just has to be more than this. I even titled my blog, "A Walk To Remember". I guess that really says it all for me, or so I thought. I am not known for ranting about whatever shit that happens in my life, in fact, I am very seldom in a sharing mood. Why do I keep a blog if I don't intend to share? Well, it's not that I don't like sharing, I actually love to share my thoughts and feelings and especially experiences. But just not in a blog. But just as the word share would suggest, I'd like sharing to be a two-way exchange. I'd like some feedback every now and then. But I digress.

So why is this "walk" worth remembering? I think about all the posts that I have written thus far, and I don't remember all of them. Maybe that's why I need to write them down. But why let other people into my private thoughts? Or are they really meant to be private? Am I just letting off steam? Am I just expressing the pent-up frustration that resides within me most of the time? Do I have anger-management issues? I'd like to think that I am actually a pretty laid-back guy. I work best when I am relaxed. My mind works like magic when I feel no pressure. Maybe that's why I suck at exams. But the funny thing about all of this is, my mind refuses to work at all if there is no impending deadline. This is pretty ironic, but this is what America does to you. The lack of challenge in my final semesters at college is just dulling my sharpest tool (Fuck you, Kok, not what you're thinking about).

I can't wait to go out to "the world" and be who I am meant to be. As Philip Zimbardo put it, "Every one of us has the capacity to be a hero... a hero is not someone extraordinary, but someone ordinary put in an extraordinary situation doing an extraordinary deed." Maybe, just maybe, if you believe enough, at some point in our lives, we will be put into a situation when you know was you were just meant to be there, you were born for that moment, and that is when you know your "walk" was worthwhile, a walk worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment