Thursday, January 11, 2007

Old vs. New

This is a blog about almost absolutely nothing. I would just like to highlight a few differences that I have discovered between the old Windows XP Pro and the new Windows XP Media Center thus far. Needless to say, I could only figure out these differences because I just bought a new computer.

1. The new Office 2007 is uber (for those of you who use Equation Editor, Office 2007 comes with it, even the pirated version). You no longer need to original version to get the plug-in. However, you need SP2 to install it. Hence, I couldn't install Office 2007 in my old computer because the XP Pro is pirated and is stuck at SP1. For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, damn, it's time you learn about computers!

2. Windows Movie Maker has "fixed" some bugs. In my old computer, I could convert *.rm (Real Media Player) files to *.wmv format. One wonders why I would want to do that, but just for your information, some people don't have and don't know how to download Real Media Player (You know who you are!). The new computer, however, no longer supports this conversion. Clearly, monopoly at its peak!

If you have any funky differences to share, please do comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment