Sunday, June 25, 2006

You can only have it once

It is so cliched for people to say that we often watch life go by without finding time to stand and stare. In other words, people oftentimes do not show enough appreciation towards the great things in life that they have been blessed with. This sounds so boring. They then add that "We don't know what we have until it's gone". How naive!

I had it. I held on to it as hard as I could. I appreciated every single moment of it. I would love to just have it for one little moment once again. It's not true. I knew right from the start what I stand to lose even before it was gone. It's not true. The reason why we don't find time to stand and stare, and to appreciate the beautiful things in life is that we have found a special something so beautiful that everything else just seems to pass us by. Nothing else really mattered. Some people get it, and get to hold on to it forever. Others, they get it, and lose it forever. Whatever it is, you can only have it once. I had it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment