Wednesday, October 5, 2005

On A Mission

Well, I have finally come to my senses. After obtaining a B in my Real Analysis exam, I have finally decided to sit down and get my priorities straight. I have been relaxing too much, and distracting myself, procrastinating and postponing my work, all because I know that I will still get them done when I want to. This overconfidence/cocky-ness has to STOP! I have finally deleted all my computer games, except Warcraft, which is my mental gymnasium, and I have decided to get ahead in my studies, finish all homework at least 2 days before they are due. The most important step I feel in my evolution is that, I have classified my group of friends in my MSN Messenger. It is getting too distracting when I keep seeing people appear online and the temptation is really strong to message them especially when I haven't spoken to them for a long time. I decided to split them into three groups. The first group consists of people whom I need to survive, therefore essential to keep in touch with them, and the second group are the people whom I say hi to from time to time, but not vital to my survival, and of course, the third group are my very special fair-weathered friends. It's the "I don't need you, and have never spoken to you, but you sure as hell know how to find me when you need me" kinda people. So I hide the latter two groups of friends so that I have no idea who is online and hence am not able to message them unnecessarily. Such simple moves create such big differences. With that said, I am off to work. Signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment