Saturday, April 25, 2009

NBA Chess



The playoffs are on. For those of you who know me well enough, you will know that I am a Spurs fan. No, I do not support Tottenham Hotspurs and don't try to talk trash to me about their 5-2 defeat at the hands of the lucker team (also the worst team on the planet).

In the NBA, the Spurs refer to the San Antonio Spurs. I think the video is very well made in many ways. The narration suits the on-screen events. Nonetheless, to the amateur eye, the kings of basketball may appear to be masters of the black and white jungle. But to the trained eye (like mine), they are so amateurish. One glance at the way these ballers hold the chess pieces tells me that they probably have never played chess in their lives.

You're probably thinking that I am taking this too seriously, but you are the one who is taking it too seriously. I just meant it as a joke. The late Eduard Gufeld would have said that their basketball is better than my chess.

Anyhow, as to how I obtained the video, I use some backdoor software to rip it off the Chessbase website. I don't believe I am infringing copyright laws as this video is made for advertizing purposes and I am merely serving the same purpose.

P/S: I am disappointed they did not include Tim Duncan.

No comments:

Post a Comment