Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here We Go Again

Perhaps some of you may remember what I said about the New Year. To refresh your memory, (I know that all of you visit my blog all the time and I totally understand if you don't remember everything that I have written) here is a link to that post:

Refresh Memory NOW!

Now that you have re-read that post, take a few moments to think about what I said. Does it make sense? Do you agree or do you not? Well, here's some food for thought. Throughout 2008, I have come to discover why people make resolutions. I mean, just last year, there was no reason for anyone to wait for the New Year to make changes in their lives. I mean, if you really wanted to change, you could change today.

That was last year. I still have not changed my mind, I am not as wishy washy as most of you would like to believe. But the reason that people hope to change is because they feel they can do better than they are currently doing. Usually, New Year's Resolutions consists of cutting down on sinful (I refuse to go into a discussion about what sinful really means, because of the vaguely defined word "sin") habits and exercising more discipline. But usually, sinful pursuits involve a great amount of pleasure. Hence, we would always prefer to delay its abandonment. Some things are just so good that you can't leave them behind, year after year. So we just put them as one of those things that we call New Year Resolutions, EVERY YEAR!

No one likes a whiner in these festive mood. Why the hell am I blogging on New Year's Eve. Should I not be out partying? Who knows, I could get lucky... I mean, it would take a lot for that to happen, but... this could actually be my year.

Nonetheless, believe it or not, I have made my own resolutions this year. Not because it is this time of the year, but because I understand that to live the life that I hope for, I must certainly make a lot of changes to the way I currently go about daily. What are my resolutions? For people who know me well enough, my goals are always simple. For people who know me even better, they know that I am very complicated, yet, I seek simplicity. So for next year, I seek the little things in life that are just missing right now.

There are actually two factors on my side for this. Firstly, little things are easier to obtain and secondly, we know that if we take care of the little things in life, the big things will take care of themselves. So, with this, I wish all of you a splendid year ahead, and may all your little changes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment