Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Lifetime Inspired

Not many people can say they know what the purpose of life is. Most people go through a lifetime not knowing what they live for, or what we should be living for. From my experience, there is no need nor reason to seek for a purpose in life. We spend our time asking questions for a reason to live, in vain, I believe.

The most important aspect of living is to make our lives as meaningful as possible. Since a while ago, I have stopped asking myself what the purpose of life is. We go through challenges day in and day out, we get tested by "god" or "nature" or "life" as we call it in our different beliefs and we inevitably question our faith, and reason for being. Someone asked me, why should there be a reason for living? Why must there be a purpose? In relation to my post about the "New Year", I would like to restate that it is of utmost importance to know "whither we are tending". If there is no purpose, then there is no need or desire to go anywhere, and we would just be floating entities of nothingness. So I argue that there is a purpose, unknown as it may be, and probably unseekable.

Coming back to the purpose of this blog post albeit not the purpose of my life, I would just like to share a little something about what makes my life more meaningful. We can go through life doing what makes us happy. In fact, that is probably the happiest you can make yourself to be. To obtain a larger degree of what is termed but undefined as "happiness", yes, there can be more happiness than what we can conjure, we must notice that other people can become the source of our very own happiness too. One obvious example you might come up with would be your loved ones. But that is not the point I am addressing today. I am talking about the greater happiness that the world can bestow upon us, how making other people happy, can make us happy.

Many people are easily disillusioned by a grandeur of an ideal. I am humble enough to believe that I could be one of these people. But I have always been happy to be able to inspire people, to help people maximize their potential, to be all they can be. I feel the joy in the joy of others. I may not be employed, or working in a back office somewhere in the outback, or anything, but I will make it my reason for being to inspire people, to show them what they are meant to do. I say this with confidence, yet humility, in hopes of not being ridiculed, but in the spirit of sharing and good faith. It will be my purpose, to help you find yours. How am I going to do this, in this world of more than 6 billion people? One at a time, my friends, one at a time.

1 comment: